Treatments & Services
Verion Surgery- Artificial Intelligence
In a technological breakthrough the London Eye Hospital has become the first in the country to begin using an ‘Artificial Intelligence’ machine that TALKS to existing equipment, reducing margins of error to an almost negligible low.
The innovative Verion machine is used during all stages of cataract removal and Intraocular Lens replacement procedures, planning the surgery; calculating the location of the incision; working out where the replacement lens will be placed; producing a digital overlay to minimise error margin, and collating feedback to assist the surgeon with future operations.
The VERION™ Reference Unit:
- Measures keratometry, pupillometry and other key pre-op parameters
- Captures high-resolution diagnostic reference image of the patient’s eye
- Auto-detects scleral vessels, limbus, pupil and iris features
The VERION™ Reference Unit also enables surgeons to quickly and efficiently determine an optimised surgical plan:
- Multiple advanced IOL calculation formulas, including lens and power selection
- Incision and implantation axis planning customized for each patient
To help optimise incision and Intraocular Lens alignment, the VERION™ Digital Marker uses patient information and images from the VERION™ Reference Unit as a guide to provide accurate positioning:
- Features a tracking overlay that enables surgeons to see all incisions and alignment in real time
- Automatically accounts for cycloration
- Eliminates the need for manual toric eye markings
- Automatically registers the patient for accurate centering and alignment of multifocal and toric IOLs
- Allows documentation of data to help optimize procedures over time
This innovative technology brings a completely different light to cataract surgery where optimal final results are accomplished by adding optimal results in every step of the procedure.
The Verion, along with the existing Femtosecond and Centurion machines, forms an integral part of the London Eye Hospital’s Freedom From Glasses programme, a bespoke treatment plan tailored around the patient’s needs, in which lenses, procedures and aftercare are specific to each individual, resulting in a personalised treatment.
Conditions related to this treatment:
Book your consultationwith an expert London Eye Hospital eye surgeon.Click here to book online now or call us on
0207 060 2602